By Daniel Paulling
We ran our poll for the final time today, but I’ll publish my end-of-the-season ballot after each team has had its postseason end. Nothing different from last week to this week.
1. Spring Grove — With a win Friday, the Rockets could nab a home playoff game. They are ninth in the District 3 Class AAA power ratings, right behind a Shippensburg team that will likely beat Gettysburg. A win against Class AAAA South Western would probably leap the Rockets ahead.
2. Bermudian Springs — The Eagles have a chance to get first in the District 3 Class AA power ratings — they’ll probably need Wyomissing to lose — and they also have a chance at locking up the Division III title for the second consecutive year. I’ve got them beating Biglerville, but it should be interesting.
3. South Western — South Western jumped to No. 14 in the District 3 Class AAAA power ratings after last week’s win against William Penn, but the Mustangs will need a win, or some help, to stay in the playoffs.
4. Biglerville — The Canners have an opportunity to send their seniors as the most winningest class over a three-year span excluding freshman year. The Eagles will be a challenging opponent to do it against.
5. Littlestown; 6. Delone –Littlestown is eighth in the District 3 Class AA playoff race, so it needs to beat Fairfield (not unreasonable) and hope no other team leapfrogs it. The Squires are essentially the opposite: They’re essentially locked in to a District 3 Class A home playoff game against either Millersburg or Columbia.
7. New Oxford; 8. Gettysburg — Congratulations to first-year coaches Jason Thurston and Matt Heiser on getting to four and three wins, respectively. Should be interesting how their teams look next season and going forward.
9. Fairfield; 10. Hanover — The Green Knights ended their 37-game losing streak with a win against Hanover last season. They don’t have enough to compete with the Colonials or Warriors, but I like what first-year coach Darwin Seiler is doing.